Cardamom is one of those exotic flavors, it’s distinct and it’s complex. It can be used in recipes for sweets and savories. It is a versatile spice that can take your cold brew to a level that you didn’t even realize was obtainable.
It’s commonly paired with orange, and there’s a reason for that. It’s a match made in heaven, much like peanut butter and jelly, pork chops and applesauce, and coffee and cream.
Much like cream goes with coffee, so too can orange and cardamom. Something that the rest of the world has known for quite some time- they’ve been sprinkling it in coffee, across Scandinavian for years, while countries across Asia have been using it to create baked goods and hot drinks.
Now you can get in on the action for yourself, with the delicious citrus coffee, delicately spiced with cardamom. The best part? It’s as easy to make as it is delicious.
For the cardamom and orange iced coffee, you will need:
- Cubed Ice
- 2 cups of Code Blue Coffee
- 2 oranges
- 5 crushed cardamom pods
- 2 quarts of water
Cardamom & Orange Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
- Your first step is to zest the oranges. Ensure that you do not include any parts of the white pith. Save the oranges for later (to eat, though, you won’t be using them in this recipe beyond this).
- Combine the zest, cardamom, and water with your Code Blue coffee grounds.
Unlike other recipes, the ingredients of this cold brew are utilized from the beginning of the cold brew making process. This provides you with a flavor that is fully infused into the coffee, as opposed to an addition later on.
- Let your cold brew steep, at room temperature, for 24 hours. As opposed to straining it once the steeping process is complete, ensure you use a Madesco Lab Filters instead. You can put all of your ingredients into the filter, not just the coffee. The filter is reusable and saves you from having to deal with the inconvenience of the straining process. It makes the cold brew process so much easier, and it means you can use any type of container to make your cold brew.
- Once your coffee is done steeping, you can store it in the refrigerator to keep it ice cold for your next refreshment. For now, though, it’s time to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Prepare your glass of choice and fill it with ice cubes. Now simply pour the Orange & Cardamom Cold Brew Coffee over the ice cubes, leaving enough space for the amount of creamer you prefer. Add sugar or sweetener to taste and give your cold brew a stir.
It’s finally time to take a sip. Worth every second of waiting, wasn’t it?
And if you haven’t already done so, download your Free “Cooking with Cold Brew Coffee” recipe book here.