Fall evokes images of crunchy leaves falling to the ground, a chill in the air, and pumpkins aplenty. But not everyone wants to turn their cold brew into a pumpkin spiced masterpiece. For those of us who are looking to recreate the feeling of fall in a cup without hearing the word pumpkin, we have the perfect option for you!
The Apple Spiced Cold Brew Coffee combined the deliciousness of apple cider with the complexities of the perfect cold brew coffee.
The Apple Spiced Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
The first thing you will need to do in order to create the apple spice is make the syrup.
For the apple spiced syrup, you will need:
- 1 cup of apple juice
- Gala apples
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ water
- ¾ teaspoon whole cloves
For the apple spiced cold brew coffee, you will need:
- Cubed Ice
- 1 cup cold brewed Madesco Code Blue Coffee
- 2 tablespoons apple spiced syrup (or more if you love it super sweet)
- Dairy creamer
- Grated cinnamon (or nutmeg) to finish
How to make Apple Spiced Cold Brew Coffee:
The very first thing that you will be doing is making the apple spiced syrup. The syrup is the vital ingredient to creating the most amazing apple spiced cold brew.
Don’t worry, the ingredients list may seem daunting, but it’s easy to make and once you’ve made it you’ll be able to store it in your refrigerator for up to a month.
To do this, follow these easy steps:
- Start by simmering the apples, juice, water and sugar in a saucepan. Allow the ingredients to simmer over a medium heat, while stirring till the sugar fully dissolves.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add the rest of your ingredients while continuing to simmer.
- Reduce the heat for 10 minutes.
- Once your mix has reached a syrupy consistency it is done.
- Use a sieve to strain the whole ingredients and allow the syrup to cool in a bowl.
- Once the syrup has had time to cool, transfer it to a container for storage and keep it in the refrigerator.
You can use the syrups cool time to prepare your cold brew:
- Prepare your glass of choice and fill it with ice cubes.
- Ideally you will have made the coffee in advance, the perfect opportunity to use Madesco Code Blue Coffee and Madesco Labs Filters. The best cold brew has 12 to 24 hours to steep, so consider doing this overnight.
- Simply pour your coffee over the ice cubes, leaving enough space for the amount of creamer you prefer.
- Then add your fresh apple spiced syrup to the glass. Use as much, or as little, as you like.
- Give your cold brew a stir, and add cinnamon to the top.
You have now created an amazing cold brew coffee that is perfect for fall, without inviting a pumpkin anywhere near your glass.
Get More Cold Brew Coffee Recipes!
There are a lot more recipes for Christmas featured in our Madesco Labs cookbooks. Get our specialty bundle with any purchase of our Madesco Labs Products.
And if you haven’t already done so, download your Free “Cooking with Cold Brew Coffee” recipe book here.