Halloween is right around the corner and what could be a better way to welcome the supernatural creatures and other worldly spirits than with delicious cold brew coffee? Preparing cold brew Halloween coffee is not only fun, but will also bring joy to your guest’s faces. Here is a Halloween cold brew coffee recipe, perfect for hosting a ghostly gathering.
Witch’s Brew Green Cold Coffee Recipe
A chilled coffee concoction that is sure to delight and disgust all who partake. To prepare Witch’s Brew, all that you need is cold brew coffee and “ghoul goo”. You can also get some colored vanilla-flavored ice cube, should you really want to get into the spirit of Halloween.
Serves: Makes approx 3 cups
- 1 cup cold brew coffee
- 2 cup cold filtered water
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- Green food color
- Any other food color of your choice
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate cookies
- Code Blue Artisan Coffee
- Take a cup of chilled brew coffee. You can actually adjust the amount of cold brew coffee you need based on the number of people you will be serving. The best would be to prepare enough so that each guest can have two generous servings. The quantity described above is only indicative and you should use it to arrive at your best judgment.
- Ghoul goo should be prepared just before you are about to serve. Add a few drops of green food coloring until you reach the desired “Ghoulish green.” Gently stir the condensed milk. Even if you are not able to get uniform color, that’s fine. After all, you are making goo, so it’s okay even if it looks messy.
- To prepare ice cube, take any food color of your choice. Add few drops of color and few drops of vanilla to each cube of the tray and freeze. You can actually use cubes as an opportunity to add a touch of sweetness to the drink. Alternatively, you can also freeze water in a big bowl and add few drops of vanilla and color. But the only hiccup is that you will have to crush the ice before you serve.
- You can also prepare some graveyard dust using a tablespoon of leftover Code Blue Coffee Beans and a generous handful of chocolate cookies. Crush both the ingredients into a semi-fine powder either using your hand or with the back of the spoon.
The best way to serve is to keep each component separate. Show your guest how to first rim the glass with graveyard dust. Then place the ice, and pour the coffee. At the end pour the thick goo on top of the concoction. If creativity is your thing, then you can also create a sign to give direction on how to properly make the “witch’s brew”.