We love ice cream as much as we love coffee and that’s exactly what this recipe is all about! This insanely delicious treat is simply iced cold brew coffee mixed with milk, but calling it so will be incredibly misleading. It is the perfect coffee ice cream with strong coffee flavors and sweetened condensed milk mixed together for the most pleasurable taste. If you like it sweet and creamy with only a hint of coffee, this one is for you.
For this recipe, freshly roasted and ground quality beans will impart depth and character to your base. The recipe uses standard quantities, but you can adjust the variables to make your coffee ice cream to your liking. For example, a high ratio of cream to milk will make your coffee ice cream richer. On the other hand, you’ll get bolder flavors with using chicory coffee.
The Perfect Ice Cream Coffee Recipe
Serves: Makes approx 1 liter
- ½ cup of 18% cream
- 1 ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 quarter cup of cold-brew coffee concentrate
- 1 cup of tiny dark chocolate chips
- Create the cold-brew coffee concentrate by taking .75 cup of coarsely ground coffee and putting it into the Madesco Cold Brew Coffee Filter. Add .75 cup of cool water and let it steep for 12 hours.
- Mix the condensed milk, cream, and quarter cup of cold-brew coffee concentrate in a bowl, and keep it in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours to allow it sufficient time to get really cold.
- During the last two minutes of churn, add chocolate chips.
- Place it in a freezer container and give it a good stir to make sure the chocolate chips are all incorporated.
- Before serving, you can drizzle some Caramel Coffee Sauce on top!