Our Lemon Chai Coffee Cake was inspired by all the light and bright colors that come with spring. Perfect for your Easter gathering or Mother’s day brunch.
Pair this specialty cake with your favorite ice cream and serve after dinner. It’s also great with coffee for brunch or high tea!
Lemon Chai Coffee Cake Ingredients:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar or substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 6 oz. vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds or poppy seeds
- 3 Tbsp. Madesco cold brew concentrate
Lemon Chai Coffee Cake Directions:
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat in lemon zest and juice.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, coffee, and salt.
- Pour into greased 9 in. round cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes. Remove and cool for 15 minutes
*Optional. Top with powdered sugar.