Coffee Soufflé serves well as a light dessert especially when you just want to satisfy your sweet tooth after a salty meal.
Coffee Soufflé Ingredients:
- 1 envelope (1 Tbsp.) unflavored gelatin
- 1 ½ cups Madesco brewed coffee, cooled
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup white sugar, divided
- ¼ tsp. salt, divided
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
Coffee Soufflé Directions
- Combine gelatin and cold coffee in a small bowl; set aside for 5 minutes to soften.
- In a heat-proof bowl or the top of a double boiler, combine coffee mixture, milk, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and the egg yolks.
- Set the bowl over a pan of over simmering water. Stir until sugar is dissolved and gelatin has melted.
- Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and the egg yolks. Cook and stir until mixture is thick and creamy and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Whip the egg whites (with a pinch of salt, if desired) until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites and vanilla into slightly cooled custard.
- Pour into a serving dish or lightly greased mold and chill until set, at least 4 hours.
Try these Other Coffee Desserts